Grid Tied System
Businesses use power mostly during the sunshine hours of the day. This is especially true of for retail business that service customers in the day. The Cooling requirements for businesses increase as the day gets hotter, and peak in the middle of the day.
Solar power systems are perfectly suited for business energy requirements as the sunshine hours overlap with the energy requirements.
Grid Tied System
Grid Tied Solar systems are the most popular and economical system and a good step to going green.
Grid Tied systems are ideal for saving electricity costs and reducing monthly expenses, and offers the best Return on Investment
A Grid Tied system is very simple in design and consists of the following components:
- Solar modules that collect sunlight and convert it into DC electricity
- Inverter which receives the DC current and converts it into AC grid power
The solar generated power is connected through the inverter to the building’s grid at the main distribution board.
The inverter facilitates a seamless, dynamic interface between Grid Power and Solar Power, ensuring that there is always power supply going to the building and prioritizing the Solar Power supply so that the solar power is used first.
For example, if the power consumption is 100kW and solar is generating 95kW, then:
- 95kW will be supplied from Solar with the inverter ensuring that the 95kW from Solar is used first
- Grid power will supply the balance of 5kW
If power consumption is less than Solar Power supply, then no power will be drawn from the Grid.
There is no switching between Solar Power & Grid Power, but rather a continuous supply of both Solar Power & Grid Power with Solar Power supply being the first priority. Subsequently there is no dip in power supply to the building, and therefore the Grid Tie solution is safe to use with any and all sensitive equipment, including PC’s.
Grid Tie systems are fully expandable so that more Solar PV Panels can be added to the system to generate more Solar power. Battery Systems can at later stage be incorporated with Grid Tied systems.
Grid Tie systems can be added to existing warehouses, packaging plants and manufacturing plants or can be incorporated into the design and building of new premises.
Grid Tied systems are available in Single Phase and Three Phase. There is no limit to the power supply potential of Grid Tied systems and can be implemented for small buildings with low power usage or big manufacturing plants with high power consumption.
Our Grid Tied system are compatible with Generators and UPS’s and are capable of Grid Feed-In
Grid Tied System are suitable for medium to large domestic, and all commercial and industrial applications.
Backup Solar System
Solar Backup Systems can be used to replace UPS for servers and critical application in business, with the added advantage that Solar Power will replenish the batteries during the sunshine hours of the day!
Bi-Directional System is both a Hybrid- and a Grid Tied system, combining the best of both worlds.
This is a dual Solar feed system where one channel, like the Hybrid system, uses Solar power to charge batteries and supply power to the building. A second channel, like the Grid Tied system, supplies Solar power directly to all other circuits in the building during the day, for maximum savings.
The battery system can subsequently be smaller than the Hybrid system as the battery channel can be wired to only supply dedicated critical circuits which are required to receive power during power outage.
This solution is ideal for the following scenarios:
- Maximizing electricity savings in conjunction with battery back-up to ensure a steady power supply, even during power outage
- Relative lower Capital layout compared to Hybrid system
Hybrid systems consists of the following components:
- Solar modules that collect sunlight and converts it to DC power
- Inverter (with built-in charge controller and regulator) which:
- receives DC power from Solar modules
- receives AC power from Eskom
- charges batteries with either Solar power or Eskom power (based on programming)
- discharges batteries and converts it into AC power for supply to the building
- receives the DC current and converts it into AC grid power
- Deep cycle batteries which are managed by the inverter to be correctly charged by Solar or Eskom & discharged to supply power to the building
Bi-Directional System are suitable for medium to large domestic and small commercial applications.